Who is responsible for your personal data
Service App B.V.
For the attention of facilitee.com
1015 BT Amsterdam
Tel: +31-6 11589269
Your personal data
Through registration and use of our website, app and the services attributed to them; you leave certain personal data with us. Facilitee can process your personal data in these instances through implementation of this agreement or because you have given permission for this. We will only process, store and save your personal data should it be provided directly by you; or when it is clear that it has been provided for data processing.
Depending on the services you use, we can collect the following information:
● Name and address;
● Email address;
● Telephone number;
● Payment details;
● Data in relation to your managed properties.
The legal basis for data processing
We will only process, store and save your personal data with your explicit consent (article 9 paragraph 2 sub-section a from the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”). We process your personal data as this is a fundamental instrument in ensuring the performance of the agreement made between you and Facilitee, as laid down in Article 6 paragraph 1 sub-section b of the GDPR. Additionally, we can also process your personal data for other legitimate interests, such as informing our customers about current events and/or changes to our services. This basis is laid down in Article 6 paragraph 1 sub-section f of the GDPR
Purpose of data processing
The personal data collected by us is used for the following purposes:
● For account creation and registration by Facilitee;
● Logging into your account;
● Keeping your records;
● Keeping track of your preferences;
● Improving our services to you;
● To perform other services that you have requested;
● Tracking results.
Provision of your personal data to third parties
In principle, we will only provide your personal data to third parties should this be necessary for the execution of the agreement; or if you have given explicit permission for this. We can also provide your personal data to third parties if we are required to do so by law.
Your data will not be kept for longer than is necessary for the purposes for which it was collected; unless this data must be kept on the basis of a legal obligation or until you request that your data be removed. Your data in our administration will be stored within the applicable legal terms.
In order to protect your data as much as possible, we have taken appropriate security measures. For example, our database is secured in a private network accessible only from an API server. More specifically, we have taken the following measures:
- ● All of the servers and databases are not publicly available. The application is only available through the Application Load Balancer.
- ● The Application Load Balancer converts all non-encrypted data traffic into encrypted data traffic.
- ● CloudFront and WAFv1 implemented for app.facilitee.com.
- ● Network security met on Security Groups.
- ● All passwords and other private information are stored in the AWS Param Store, encrypted and delivered directly to the end server.
- ● All encrypted certificates are provided by AWS.
- ● Server and database monitoring and logging implemented via DataDog.
- ● DataDog alarms for infrastructure problems are set so that our DevOps engineer is immediately informed.
- ● Separate dashboards for Quality Assurance and developers.
- ● An infrastructure scale test has been done.
- ● A Load-test has been done.
We use Google Analytics to keep track of how visitors use our page. This information that is obtained, including the address of your computer (IP address), is transferred to and stored by Google on its servers. Google uses this information to keep track of how our website is used.
When you provide us with personal data, you have various rights that you can exercise. You have the right to inspect, rectify and delete your data. You can also request for us to transfer your data to you, another party, or to limit the data processing that is taking place. You are also free to object to the processing of your personal data. Additionally, you can always withdraw your consent to data processing. You can request this by emailing: email@example.com. Facilitee will respond to your request as soon as possible, in no later than four (4) weeks.
Submitting a complaint to the Dutch Data Protection Authority
In the unlikely event that you are not satisfied with the way in which we handle your personal data, you can submit a complaint to the Dutch Data Protection Authority. The contact details of the Dutch Data Protection Authority can be found on this website.
Our contact information
Version November 2020